|I (Jenne) was just getting over a cold, and this was the most comforting thing I could imagine right then.|
|So many panchan! I had trouble fitting them all in one picture.|
|A spinning wheel?|
|This was SO HOT it took me forever to eat but it was delicious.|
Rating: Two thumbs up
Time in: 12:46 PM
Servers' recommendations: #11 (Dol Sot Bibim Bap), #12 (Kim Chi Dol Sot Bibim Bap), #17 (Man Doo La Myun), #22 (Soon Do Boo), #27 (Gae Ji Jae)
What we ordered: #11, #17
Number in our party: 2
Final check amount: $20.50
Price per person: $10.25
- It's very cozy inside. They have X factor! The place is full of the strangest assortment of knick-knacks, so it really does feel like you're at a friend's house -- a friend with a kooky grandmother who collects all kinds of junk at flea markets. There's an antique telephone where you walk in, and the stereo looks like a fake plastic rock.
- The booths are private with high wooden walls, and the cushions on the benches are really homey and cute.
- The panchan is especially good here; they must make it themselves. The potato panchan is delicious and still a little warm. We asked for a second helping. The jelly is better here than at other places. It's usually so bland. We don't get the lettuce with the Thousand Island dressing though -- ew.
- The ramen dish is very comforting and well-seasoned. There are TONS of noodles (probably 3-4 packs of ramen noodles) that aren't overcooked. It has scrambled egg (and we all know how I feel about egg on anything) and carrots in it, with furikake sprinkled on top. It's just the right level of spicy. And it has dumplings in it! The dumplings might have been packaged, but they're flavorful. This would be a great hangover/cold food.
- The bibim bap is also yummy. The vegetables in it taste very fresh and are nicely cooked. The dish is REALLY hot -- it sizzled for almost the entire meal. That means there's a lot of good rice crust.
- The servers could check in a little more often with water refills, but they were really nice.
Address: 4647 Convoy St, Ste 101A
Phone number: 858.292.0499
Accepts credit cards? Yes, 25 cents for orders under $10
Parking: Shared lot, still crowded
Ideal group size: 1-4
Noise level: 2